- High intensity exercise burns a lot of calories in a short period of time
- Running in a 10k this year? Incorporating intervals will increase your speed. Instead of doing your usual route run as fast as possible for two minutes and then walk two minutes. Repeat 8 times.
- Looking for some fat loss? Sled pushes, kettlebell swings, stairs, sprints, and other conditioning exercises are a great change of pace from traditional cardio.
- Looking to gain some muscle? Those same conditioning exercises will increase your strength and explosiveness.
- Mixing it up with high intensity exercise takes you out of your routine. I know some people who have been running the same 20 minute route for years. This can develop imbalances and your body will eventually plateau
Here’s Tom teaching a small group with a great high intensity circuit: