The last couple of years have certainly taught us that the most valuable investment we can make is in our HEALTH. And, the great news is, we have the power to build upon our HEALTH wealth (much like interest can compound in our bank accounts) to enrich our own lives and the lives of those around us. When we are healthy, we are better able to show up for those we love and serve.
But how do we get there?
At the beginning of each year, it is customary that people resolve to change their life (their health, their finances, their relationships). However, by the end of the first month, forty percent of those who made resolutions have given up. One of the biggest obstacles to actually achieving the change we seek is that we focus too much on the results and not enough on the compounding habits that will get us there.
It is estimated that it takes people 21-28 days to form a new habit, so we have created the #smallsteps #BIGresults program to help you. As your trainers, we are encouraging you to commit to one minor change in 4 important aspects of your health for 30 days. The four areas follow Empower’s fitness philosophy of ThinkFUN, Get Fit, Eat Well, Sleep Well. Once that one small habit becomes a part of your routine, you can choose another to focus on hoping in a year, these habits will build and compound, leading to massive results.
How this works:
- Download the resource packet HERE or ask your trainer for a packet the next time you are at the studio.
- Use the #smallsteps #BIGresults Goal sheet to set the 1 small habit you will focus on in each area for the next 30 days
- Download (HERE) and use the #smallsteps #BIGresults Weekly Tracker to track your daily habits – this helps hold you accountable
- Communicate your wins and challenges with your trainer so they can help keep you motivated
- Start small (today) – win BIG (today and every day you make a healthy habit change)
Work with your trainer and join others in our fitness community to commit to making small healthy habit changes that will make a big impact on your physical and mental health.It is a NEW YEAR – time for some fresh new energy focused on creating the Strongest. Healthiest. Happiest. You as we all emerge from (or learn to live with) this global health pandemic! Let’s do this as a community because we are STRONGER TOGETHER