Our Director of Client Relations J.J. Yager is always rolling in to work with delicious leftovers for lunch. That being said, we were able to twist her arm and get her to share with us one of her recipes that she uses when she gets shrimp. This looks like a great summer recipe!
Garlic Lime Cilantro Shrimp
Shrimp, cleaned, peeled, deveined
Fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Season the shrimp with salt, pepper and cumin.
2. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add a little bit of the olive oil to the pan.
3. Add half of the shrimp to the pan.
4. Cook the shrimp until the bottom side turns a white/pink color.
5. Turn the shrimp over and cook until they are no longer grey or translucent and completely white/pink.
6. Transfer to a plate.
7. If necessary, add additional oil to the skillet.
8. Add the other half of the shrimp to the pan and cook until the bottom side turns a white/pink color.
9. Turn the shrimp, add the garlic and cook until the shrimp are no longer translucent and completely white/pink.
10. Return the first half of shrimp to the skillet and stir so that the garlic is evenly distributed throughout.
11. Remove the pan from the heat.
12. Squeeze lime juice over the shrimp, add the chopped cilantro and mix well.
Note: I think all the seasoning can be adjusted to taste because I barely add any salt, but I maybe overdo it on the garlic. I served this with quinoa and a vegetable. I cook in large batches so I can have leftovers for lunches later in the week.