Dear Empower Family,
Wow! Another year like no other – one that tried our strength, our patience, and our resolve, but we are still here, thriving. As a small service-based business, we are both humbled and honored by being able to serve you year in and year out through our innovative health and fitness programs. 2022 marks our 17th year in business, and we are still committed to bringing you the best personalized fitness services in the area. For many, the change of the calendar signifies new beginnings, a sense of gratitude and anticipation for the year ahead. We too are grateful for all that 2021 brought our way (even the challenges because they help us learn and grow), and we are excited to embark on another New Year!
As we leave 2021, our hearts are full of gratitude to and for:
- The Empower Fitness Community – as your generosity, your friendship and your loyal support continually touch us.
- The Empower Team – for the team members who have moved on to new adventures, those who are dedicating their passion day in and day out and the new talent that has joined our team. Grateful for the opportunities we have all had to grow professionally and personally this year.
- Our beautiful studio – that allows us to serve so many people day in and day out. And, the technology that allows us to reach people virtually.
2021 was a roller coaster ride for our nation with the Covid 19 pandemic surging, declining, morphing, surging again, dividing us, bringing us together, keeping us on edge and fearful, highlighting the importance of our collective public health and our own individual health. It has also been a year that marked a lot of transition for Empower mostly in the way of our team. While we have said goodbye to some great trainers–Nestor, Amanda, and Raham, we have also welcomed some incredible new team members–Cierra, Bethany, Marques, and Chris.
One thing that hasn’t changed is that we stay true to our signature ThinkFUN, Get Fit, Eat Well, Sleep Well fitness philosophy to help clients improve their overall health and fitness. And, this year, not only have we helped hundreds of local clients in our Empower studio, we could also leverage technology and extend our fitness philosophy to others around the country through our online virtual training services.
2021 was an interesting year for us all. As we look ahead, we are excited about all that 2022 will bring.
- Refreshing Renovations to Our Studio—This summer we will make some upgrades to our studio and adding some cool outdoor training features—exciting stuff!
- New Performance Training Programming
- Our Youth Athlete Development program has launched, and training groups will begin Jan. 23rd.
- We plan to add adult performance training groups specific to golf, tennis and running later this year.
- Unique Partnerships—We are excited to partner with Dr. Chris Bruscato and launch a Youth Athlete Development program. We are also looking to partner with other independent physical therapists to make getting a PT consult and treatment plan more convenient for our clients.
- Mediation and Yoga—these last couple of years have really been stressful and taken a toll on our mental health and our physical health. Meditation and yoga can really help reduce anxiety. Stay posted for a free event and additional meditation workshop series coming this year.
- The Continued Growth of Our Team – their commitment to excellence, and their contributions to help grow Empower in new and exciting directions.
- We have several team members who are taking CEU courses to advance their education and experience in areas of specific interest, like Corrective Exercise and Sport Specific training.
- Empowering beyond the Durham Community – For many years we have been able to serve those that live or work within 5-10 mile radius, however one upside to this whole global pandemic is that we all learned and got comfortable using the technology that allows us to work, share, stay connected and spread the message of health and wellness beyond this small reach. We believe that when we inspire people to be fit and active, not only can we change the lives of the individuals, this will impact the community in which they live and serve. Stay posted for ways you can get involved with bringing this message of health and wellness to a broader audience.
We have our fingers crossed that 2022 will be the year we see Covid decline, and our collective health (physical and mental) improve. Whatever this year has in store, we love we get to share it all with you.
Thank you again for your continued patronage and support. We look forward to serving you in the New Year and beyond. Cheers to a fun, fit, and healthy New Year!
With love and hope,