If you feel like life is sneaking up on you robbing you of strength, endurance, and energy and your body has become a little softer than you want it to be, check out my 5 secrets to getting back the body you had in your younger days.
- Increase your daily water intake. Work your way up to drinking 1 ounce of water for each pound of body weight. Being properly hydrated provides the ultimate fat burning environment. If you’re not currently drinking much water throughout the day, gradually increase your intake over 2 weeks.
- Weight train at least 3 days each week to help boost testosterone levels. Do your warm up, weight training, and then cardiovascular exercise. For weight training, perform compound or multi-joint movements to work as many muscle groups as possible in one lift. Examples include squats, deadlifts, rowing movements and chest presses.
- Eat clean & lean 5 days/week. For all meals and snacks, eat lean meats such as turkey, chicken, eggs, and fish. Eat lots of leafy greens and colorful vegetables. Stay away from soda, alcohol, deserts and junk foods.
- Get 6 ½ to 8 hours of sleep each night. Your body grows and repairs during the rest phase after and between workouts. Good quality sleep is very healing and restorative.
- Plan to do something FUN for your workout 2-3 times per week to keep your exercise interesting. Go for a hike, ride your bike, go for a swim, try rock climbing, play basketball, racquetball, or tennis. These are all great ways to get some cardiovascular exercise and they will prevent boredom.
Like this post