The end of summer is one of the best times of the year to get enjoy the outdoors with a quick workout! If you’re looking for a change-up to your daily routine of working out in doors or just want to enjoy the weather, then here’s a great way to spend 30 minutes in the sun! Just follow these 4 easy steps:
1) Make sure you get a good warm up! – There’s nothing like a pulled hamstring to ruin a good workout.
– Your warm up should include some dynamic stretching, or stretching your muscles with movement through its natural range of motion, and a faster paced exercise to get your heart rate going.
2) Workout – This workout is going to focus on strengthening the entire body as well as boosting your cardiorespiratory fitness!
– 20 body weight squats
– 20 push ups – These can be done against a wall, inclined, declined, from your knees, etc. Just make sure you’re challenging yourself!
– 20 Burpees
– 1 minute plank
– repeat 2-3x through
3) Cool Down – Get a light jog eventually progressing into a walk with elongated steps. From there, go into some traditional static stretching: holding each stretch for about 20-30 seconds.
4) Have fun!
I hope you all enjoy your workouts and have a fantastic Labor Day weekend!
Did you try this workout? Give us some feedback in the comment section below or hit us up on Facebook or Twitter!