Create and Experience the Life you Envision with Empower Expeditions!
Overnight Camping and Hiking Expedition
April 21-22, 2018
At Empower Personalized Fitness, our mission is to empower you to create and experience the life you envision through our unique ThinkFUN, Get Fit, Eat Well fitness model. Some of the ways we accomplish this are by connecting you with our fantastic Empower community of fitness professionals, fellow clients, friends, and family, and by engaging with nature to empower you through whole food sources, outdoor training sessions, and Empower Expeditions. Today, we are super excited to present you with the next generation of Empower Expeditions! We believe that there is no better way to reap all of the amazing health and fitness benefits of being outside in nature than to spend an extended amount of time out in it.
Who. . .
a small group of men and women who wish to ignite their sense of adventure with a safe, entry-level outdoor expedition right here in Durham’s backyard!
What . . .
Hiking & Camping Expedition – Level 1 (1-night camping at local state park, day hiking, yoga)
Where . . .
Eno River State Park – Cox’s Mountain Group Campsite
A Weekend of Discovery & Adventure Awaits
Single Day and Hiking ONLY Options Available – Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
All are welcome! Please invite any friends that will enjoy an outdoor expedition experience.
Save Your Spot
HURRY! Register TODAY!
What To Bring?
- 2+ gallons clean drinking water PER PERSON – we will keep 5 extra gallons of water in one of our cars at the parking lot
- 1 Liter Water bottle, Nalgene or similar
- 1 Breakfast Meal (fruit, granola, dried food, nuts, protein bar, etc.)
- Snacks for hiking and around camp (beef jerky, nuts, dried fruit, trail mix/granola, etc.
- Camping mug/cup/bowl
- Eating utensils/spork
- Resealable/zip-top plastic bag for packing-out trash (gallon-size)
- Toilet paper roll
- Sleeping bag rated to at least 32 degrees
- Sleeping pad/air mattress
- Day pack, 20-30L
- Hiking Shoes or Boots
- Hiking socks (wool) and synthetic or wool liner socks
- Synthetic or wool short-sleeve t-shirt
- Synthetic or wool long-sleeve t-shirt
- 1 change of clothes
- 1 fleece pullover/jacket
- 1 synthetic or down jacket
- Rain jacket
- Headlamp and/or flashlight with extra batteries
- Any medications/personal health and hygiene supplies you may need
- Water bladder w/ drinking hose
- Camping chair
- Personal first aid kit – we will keep backup first aid supplies in one of our cars at the parking lot
- Wet wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Camp towel/bandana
- 1 set long underwear, synthetic or wool
- Trekking poles
- Convertible hiking pants
- Comfortable lightweight shoes for wearing around camp
- Rain pants
- Sun hat
- Insect repellent