Dotty is an Empower great and she has the best smile around! Read a bit more about her Empower experience:
– Tell us a little about your profession.
- I am a RN (who has been in nursing more than 50 years.), with a Master’s Degree in Health Care Administration. When I retired 4 years ago, I started my own business, and currently have a Consulting LLC that focuses on Clinical Education. I primarily give classes on the Aging Process including Dementia. I try to motivate and empower nursing staff to take care of themselves as well as their Clients by seeking and identifying the joy in what they do each and every day.
– What is your favorite exercise?
- My favorite exercise is boxing, I enjoy this because it’s rhythmical, and releases a primal instinct that allows me to feel strong; in control and able to take good care of myself. You can release a lot of pent up emotions and smile at the same time!
– How long you’ve been working out at EMPOWER?
- I have been working at EMPOWER for a bit more than 10 years!
– What you like to do for FUN?
- I enjoy playing the piano, staying in touch with my grandchildren, reading and travelling with my significant other, Kenneth, to the beach and other vacation places.
– How has EMPOWER helped you create and experience the life you envision?
- I believe I am like many people. I make many resolutions about a healthier life-style which includes my diet, exercise and weight. Like most people my resolve tends to fluctuate. I think that EMPOWER helps me to stay on track and not veer to far “off- course”. I complain about the challenges of the exercise but I am so glad that my trainer (Nestor) shows me “little to no mercy”- his personal Nothing Can Stop Me Attitude helps me achieve my goal. How could anyone complain in the light of his perseverance? So thank you to all the trainers at EMPOWER. I appreciate all of you taking my “sass” and giving me back your smiles and words of encouragement! You are a tight-knit; welcoming; Community of true professionals.