Here are nine tips for a healthy 2009:
1. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
2. Walk for at least 30 minutes every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants. Eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the three E’s- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds, and walnuts.
6. Relieve stress- exercise is a great way to relieve stress. The next time you feel stressed or tired; try doing an exercise you enjoy. When stress relief is linked to exercise, it is easy to regain the habit even after a leave of absence. If that doesn’t work- get a MASSAGE!
7. SLEEP!! The majority of people need 7 to 8 good hours of sleep per night, on a regular sleep pattern, for the body to function at its best.
8. Be Happy! Pick activities you actually enjoy doing. Have fun with your exercise- you’ll be more likely to stick to it.
9. Be Patient. Change doesn’t come without effort, but be consistent and patient, and you will start to see solid results.